Recommended Browser Addons
- DarkReader - dark mode for all websites
- DontBugMe - allows you to log into a lot of pages using throwaway accounts from BugMeNot
- Gesturefy - mouse gestures (Firefox only)
- LocalCDN - caches remote CDN for speed and privacy
- Simple Translate - quickly translate selected text with Google Translate in popup. Can be not private as it uses Google Translate
- uBlock Origin - the best way to block advertisements and trackers
- Decentraleyes - local cache for free CDNs, also protects from CDN tracking
- Total Suspender - automatically suspends inactive tabs
Security and Privacy
- Cookie AutoDelete - automatically delete cookies when you close tab. Has whitelist and so on
- HTTPS Everywhere - force encrypts your communication with many major websites
- Privacy Badger - automatically blocks tracking pixels and buttons
- Privacy Redirect - Redirects Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, & Google Maps requests to privacy friendly alternatives - Nitter, Invidious, Bibliogram, & OpenStreetMap.
- Terms of Service; Didn't Read - displays a popup when you open website with hostile Terms of Service
- Trace - spoofs a lot of fingerprinting-related browser parameters, makes fingerprinting and tracking very difficult and expensive.
Please do not rely on fingerprint-resistance addons and tweaks for anonymity if it's critical for you. It's better to just use Tor Browser without Tor if you care about your digital fingerprint. It's even better to use Whonix to completely hide your fingerprint.
- Firefox Multi-Account Containers - panel button and menu for container management
- Termporary Containers - disposable containers on the go
- Amazon Container - container for Amazon
- Facebook container - container for Facebook and Instagram
- Git container - container for Git hosting providers (GitHub)
- Google Container - container for all Google services (YouTube f. e.)
- Reddit Container - container for Reddit
- Twitter container - container for Twitter
Consider manually creating a container for VK as there is currently no working VK container extension.