Recommended Browser Addons - Darkn.Space
Recommended Browser Addons
- DarkReader - dark mode for all websites
- DontBugMe - allows you to log into a lot of pages using throwaway accounts from BugMeNot
- Gesturefy - mouse gestures (Firefox only)
- LocalCDN - caches remote CDN for speed and privacy
- Simple Translate - quickly translate selected text with Google Translate in popup. Can be not private as it uses Google Translate
- uBlock Origin - the best way to block advertisements and trackers
Security and Privacy
- Cookie AutoDelete - automatically delete cookies when you close tab. Has whitelist and so on
- HTTPS Everywhere - force encrypts your communication with many major websites
- Privacy Badger - automatically blocks tracking pixels and buttons
- Privacy Redirect - Redirects Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, & Google Maps requests to privacy friendly alternatives - Nitter, Invidious, Bibliogram, & OpenStreetMap.
- Terms of Service; Didn’t Read - displays a popup when you open website with hostile Terms of Service
- Trace - spoofs a lot of fingerprinting-related browser parameters, makes fingerprinting and tracking very difficult and expensive.
Please do not rely on fingerprint-resistance addons and tweaks for anonymity if it’s critical for you. It’s better to just use Tor Browser without Tor if you care about your digital fingerprint. It’s even better to use Whonix to completely hide your fingerprint.
Consider manually creating a container for VK as there is currently no working VK container extension.
CC-BY 4.0 License